A special thanks to the Coconut Creek Police Department for the Red Flag Video Series proving that Crime Prevention can be educational, yet entertaining…
TIPS FOR HALLOWEEN NIGHT:
- Decorate costumes and bags with reflective tape or stickers and, if possible, choose light colors.
- Slow down and be especially alert in residential neighborhoods. Children are excited on Halloween and may move in unpredictable ways
- Choose face paint and makeup whenever possible instead of masks, which can obstruct a child’s vision.
- Have kids carry glow sticks or flashlights to help them see and be seen by drivers.
- Children under the age of 12 should not be out at night without adult supervision. If kids are mature enough to be out on their own, they should stick to familiar areas that are well lit and trick-or-treat in groups.
- Always walk on sidewalks or paths. If there are no sidewalks, walk facing traffic as far to the left as possible.
- Check treats for signs of tampering before children are allowed to eat them.
CSPD wishes everyone a happy and safe Halloween night, so if you see something suspicious, even for Halloween, call the non-emergency number at 954-344-1800 or 911 for emergencies. Remember, Make a Call, Make a Difference!