Before you head off on that next trip, prep your home by keeping these quick items in mind:
- Put an automatic timer on both your interior and exterior lights.
- Document all high value items with a picture and any applicable serial numbers.
- Secure important items in a security safe or hide them in unlikely places such as your kitchen.
- Don’t forget to have your mail and newspaper delivery stopped or picked up each day by someone.
- Ask a neighbor to check up on your home each day and if possible, leave an extra vehicle parked in the driveway.
- If no one is available to check your home, request a Vacation Watch from the Police Department at 954-344-1800.
Make a Call, Make a Difference!